When a user is clicking on the ad, he is being redirected to the Campaign itself (your LP and then Offer URL) through the tracking domain of RedTrack.
Choosing which tracking domain to use is pretty similar to the case when you are choosing a domain for your website. You can always use a third-party free domain that is provided by the platform (for example, when you have made a landing page in the landing page builder), which is a default tracking domain in this case. But you can also buy and use your own domain, which is equal to a custom tracking domain. Here are the key ideas that you need to know about tracking domains:
Default tracking domain pros and cons (http://rdtrck2.com):
+ It is rovided for free;
+ You don’t need to do anything. It will work from the start;
– Because it is used by the majority of RedTrack users, and due to the variety of advertising campaigns that they are running, sometimes it can be blocked by antivirus software and ad blocking plugins.
Custom tracking domain pros and cons:
– You need to buy it;
– Adding a custom domain isn’t hard at all, but you will need to work for some time to set it up;
+ Custom domains look attractive and secure for users, advertising networks, antiviruses and ad block plugins.
Custom Tracking Domain for your RedTrack Account
You can associate your domains with RedTrack.io to use them for tracking links. Here is how it works:
Now, let's figure out how to obtain a custom domain from an internet domain registrar.
In order to add a custom domain to RedTrack, you will need to point your domain CNAME record to the following domain: rdtrck2.com.
How to point a CNAME record in GoDaddy
1. Open your registrar website and select your domain. You will need to configure DNS settings. You will see a list of available records. Click ADD to create a new entry.
2. Select CNAME as the Record type and click SAVE
3. Fill in the required information as follows:
Points to: rdtrck2.com
After you complete the setup, it will appear on your list of DNS records:
In our example, your custom domain in RedTrack will be track.yourdomain.com.
To make it even easier for you, here are some video guides on setting up Custom Tracking Domain:
Add a domain to RedTrack
1. Click the Plus sign at the top of the Domains page (Tools -> Domains -> New).
2. Enter the Domain Name.
3. Specify the domain URL.
4. Specify Root domain URL if necessary (If applied, you will be redirected to that root URL when putting domain URL directly to the browser. Otherwise you will see "Disabled" screen)
5. Click Save
Custom Postback Domain
By default, your Postback links contain RedTrack default service domain rdtrck2.com.
You can change it manually to your custom tracking domain and/or select default from the Tools>Conversion Tracking tab.
Note: The domain does not affect conversions tracking with your Affiliate Network if you are using S2S option: leave our default tracking domain (rdtrck2.com) or set your custom domain.
If you have a pixel conversion tracking used - changing of the domain is obligatory.
Should you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to assist you. Happy tracking!