Across the Internet, businesses are realizing the benefits of pay-per-click advertising. Bing ads can help you reach a new group of high-quality customers and increase your return on advertising spend (ROAS). In addition, clients with Bing ads campaigns often have lower cost-per-click (CPC) and costs-per acquisition (CPA) than with comparable Google AdWords campaigns.
Step 1. Adding Bing ads as a Traffic Source in RedTrack
The first step is to add Bing ads as a Traffic Source in RedTrack. Go to the Traffic Sources Tab in your RedTrack account and click New. Since Bing ads is already included to the RedTrack Traffic Sources database, just choose it from the suggested pre-sets and click Add, then Save your New Traffic Source.
Step 2. Creating a Campaign in RedTrack
Now that we have our Traffic Source in place, it is time to set up a new campaign. In RedTrack, go to the Campaigns tab and click New. Submit all the relevant details, such as your desired Campaign Name, Landing Page and the offer(s) associated with this campaign. Choose Bing ads as Traffic Source and click Save.
It is important to note that, while adding a Landing Page is optional in most cases, Bing ads is unable to process campaigns that do not contain a Landing Page.
Your Campaign URL will be generated automatically. Copy the link to clipboard.
Step 3. Setting-up the tracking in Bing ads
1. Log in to your Bing ads account, click the Campaigns tab. In the Campaign list, choose a campaign that contains ads that you want to track conversion for.
2. On the Campaign selected page, click on a target ad group. Go to Ads section:
3. Click the pencil edit button in the upper right corner.
4. To successfully set up a campaign, you need to input your Landing Page URL into the Final URL section. Make sure your path is also set correctly:
5. Your tracking link (Campaign Click URL) needs to be added to the Tracking Template section.
6. Press the Test button once you’ve submitted all your data. If the set up is correct, you will receive a “Landing Page found” message. Click Save.
More information about Bing ads click measurement methodology can be found here. Additionally, you can always contact us at email@example.com and we will happily assist you with any of the inquiries that you might have. Happy tracking!