How to upload
There are 2 options available:
1. .CSV file
Log into your RedTrack account, go to Logs -> Conversions.
If you wish to manually upload conversions that already happened, you need to create a .CSV file with headers on your Computer. Fill in the following information into corresponding tabs:
- Click ID - needs to contain unique ID of each click.
- Payout - the amount you have earned per each particular conversion.
The rest of your data will be populated automatically based on ClickID.
NOTE! Do not use the currency symbol in the payout column:
Click the Upload button and choose the .CSV file on your Computer. The clicks and all its data will appear in the Conversions tab right after the Upload is completed.
Tip: LibreOffice works perfectly fine for creating and opening .csv files.
Please note that, once uploaded, conversions cannot be removed from your RedTrack statistics.
2. "Add conversions" button.
Log into your RedTrack account, go to Logs -> Conversions -> "Add conversions".
You will see this window, simply add the click ids of your conversions and the payout amount separated by comma:
Do not forget to press "Save"
Make sure you are trying to upload the conversion for the existing click id with correct data.
For example if you have Offer and Network columns empty (this can happen for instance if the click went through the tracking funnel while LP Click URL was not used):
Conversion will not be uploaded for that click since RedTrack will not fully recognize it.
If for some reason the conversion was not uploaded although you have done everything according to the guide, please try to do the following:
1. Export the conversions from your Logs in RedTrack
2. Update the exported file: remove the old data from the columns and add the new conversion data.
3. Save the file and try to upload it.
Option 2 (if you are using Windows OS)
1. Open the file with the help of Notepad (right click - > open with -> Notepad)
2. Separate the data in the file with commas:
3. Save it (Ctrl+S)
4. Try to upload it once again.
If none of the options work for you please contact email@example.com - remember to provide the detailed problem description.