If you are promoting some affiliate offers on your own websites, here are the steps we advice to perform to get your tracking work:
- Open the Traffic Sources tab and add your own website as a traffic source.
- Add the Affiliate Network you are using.
- Add the offers you’re promoting in the Offers tab.
- You may also add Landers.
- Create New Campaign with your website as a traffic source (added in point 1) and the offers you promote listed as Offers (added in point 3).
If you wish to run A/B test on your offers, it can be done right from the Campaign creation tab. You can also do the same with Landing pages or combination of Offers and Landing pages.
Upon creating a Campaign you will receive a tracking link called Campaign URL.
Place it on your website directly or through built-in redirector. Now, you will get the data on all the clicks in the Campaign report.
You can create several Campaigns/tracking URL is you want to track different placements across your web properties.