The new Rules functionality allows you to automate campaign optimization process. After you set the conditions, RedTrack starts checking your reports and Campaign performance by multiple metrics.
When the reported data matches the criteria you have set in the conditions, the rule executes an action - pausing a campaign/one of campaign elements or redistribute the traffic weight within your campaign.
Note: This feature is available starting from Pro subscription.
How to make it work?
To create an auto-rule you would like to use in your campaign.
Perform the following steps:
1. Integrate your Traffic Source with RedTrack:
- Go to Tools -> Integrations -> select your target Traffic Source:
If the target Traffic Source is available there, you can establish the extended integration with this source (the list of integrations is always updating).
- Fill in the necessary data and save the changes.
2. Open the campaign you want to auto-optimize or create a new one. You can find step-by-step instruction here: Basic set up.
3. Click the "Rules" button in the campaign settings:
4. Press "New" and proceed with the rule setup:
1. Select the "Campaign optimization" type:
2. Specify the conditions you want to set for your campaign:
3. Select an action type that will be executed and save the rule:
1. When the data matches the criteria you set, the campaign will be paused in your Traffic Source account and you will not lose the money for non-converting traffic.
Every five minutes the rules will analyze the data.
2. Extended integrations also take your cost data from your Traffic Source account so you do not need to worry about cost updates as well.
Note: Campaign optimization will work only for integrated Traffic Sources.
Stream, Landing and Offer optimization
1. Create a "New" Rule.
2. Select one of the optimization types:
3. Specify the conditions that you want to set for your campaign:
4. Select an action type:
1. When the data matches the conditions you have added, RedTrack automatically increases the weight of the better-converting Stream/Landing/Offer and decreases the weight of the other Streams/Landings/Offers accordingly.
Note: To make this rule work you need to add two and more items (Streams/Landings/Offers) to your campaign.