Traffic Source is the traffic origin from which advertisement is bought.
Creation of a Traffic Source in RedTrack is one of the obligatory steps. We have a list of presets for most popular Traffic Sources available and we also have a lot of Integration Instructions for specific Traffic Sources.
But do not worry if you have not found the one you are using - it is possible to add a custom Traffic Source or you can always ask email@example.com for help you with the set-up.
This guide describes the process for traffic sources with redirect links. If you plan to use a Traffic Source that does not support redirects (no-redirect tracking), please follow this one instead.
1. First, you will need to check if the target Traffic Source is already available in RedTrack:
2. If you were able to find it just click on "Add" button and all the available macros will be filled in. If there is no desired traffic source - you still can add it manually by pressing the "Add your traffic source" button:
3. For pre-set Traffic Sources most of the essential information is already available and you will only need to place your personal data for some of the sources.
Here is the list of our integration instructions: Traffic Source Integration.
4. If the target source of traffic is integrated with RedTrack, you can also establish the extended integration (available starting from Pro subscription).
Depending on the source of traffic, you should either add your API key or Client secret (or any other required data):
5. If the desired Traffic Source was not found in the list - you can add it manually.
5.1 Use "Add your traffic source" button:
5.2 Fill in the necessary fields: source name, postback URL:
- S2S Postback URL: can be obtained from your Traffic Source and should contain valid click id macro supported by the Traffic Source;
- Pixel Postback URL: if your Traffic Source supports this type of postback - do not paste the entire script, just the URL part;
- Switch on the "Direct traffic" toggle if your Traffic Source does not support redirects;
- Click id macro (essential for tracking the clicks from your source of the traffic to associate them with the conversion data later)
5.3 The rest of the information is optional but if you need to track additional data and your Traffic Source supports it, you can fill in the available macros:
- Imp Ref ID and Impression Cost ID - if you want to track impressions and your Traffic Source supports this option. Remember to switch on the "Impression tracking" option.
- Click Cost ID - if you want to get the click cost for CPC campaign automatically from the traffic source and your Traffic Source supports this option.
- Other macros from your Traffic Source if any.
6. Save the changes.
Now you are all set with the Traffic Source and can proceed further!