In order to exclude bot traffic from visiting your Campaigns and being added to your statistics, you may set specific Bot Rules also known as Bot blacklist.
Such traffic will not be counted towards events limit included in your RedTrack plan.
Here's how to set new your Bot rules:
1. Log into your RedTrack account;
2. Navigate the Tools tab;
3. Choose Bot blacklist from the drop-down menu:
4. Create a New rule:
5. Add a name for your rule and specify IP Addresses (IP ranges) of the known bots, separated by commas:
6. Click Save
Important: Due to GDPR we hide the last sequence of numbers from IP address for European IPs so you will see '0' instead:
There is no option to identify the whole IP address in that case so there are 2 workarounds:
1. Block the whole IP range (from 1 to 254).
2. Try to identify which widget ids, or website ids, or referer domains, etc. bring you this suspicious clicks.
Suspicious in our case means that there are more than 10 clicks under the same IP (This is an approximate number but in general a real visitor will not give you 10 and more clicks. However there can be exceptions depending on your niche).
Where you can check this? In your Campaign reports:
Use grouping by IP and some Traffic Source parameter (zone id, website id, widget id, etc.) - do not hesitate to check different report slices combinations as it can be useful.
After you will get enough information, you can proceed with blocking those zones, widgets, websites, etc. in your Traffic Source.