Step 1. Add a Snapchat as a Traffic Source in RedTrack
Go to Traffic Sources -> New -> find Snapchat -> Add -> Save
You will see that there are no available dynamic parameters and postback URL template in there:
Currently, Snap Ads doesn’t have any dynamic tracking parameters.
So if you plan to track Gender, Age, etc. you’ll have to add it to your tracking links manually.
But do not worry, we do have more than 30 data slices within RedTrack.
Step 2. Create a Campaign in RedTrack
1. In RedTrack, go to Campaigns > New. Fill in your campaign details: Campaign name, Source (choose Snapchat), Offers, Landing Page if needed and other relevant data > Save.
Once you have entered all the details, copy the Campaign Click URL form the correspondent field:
If you plan to run a no-redirect Campaign, follow the simple steps described here: No-redirect-tracking
Note: We suggest using a no-redirect tracking method (the same is used with Facebook Campaigns) as your ad will most likely be approved without a redirect.
2. Snapchat does not allow sending the postback data so leave the Campaign postback field empty.
Step 3. Setting the tracking in Snapchat
1. Go to "Create Ads" -> choose "Quick and Easy":
2. Set the Name, Brand name, etc. the way you need. For us the most important thing will be "Attachment", where you will need to choose "Website":
3. After that additional fields will appear: "Call to Action" and "Website URL".
Choose the desired "Call to Action" (be attentive here as your add can be rejected if you will be using the not relevant call to action)
4. Put your Campaign URL or your LP URL (if you will prefer using no-redirect tracking method) here:
Snapchat will automatically cache your website on their servers if you leave this option off.
If you will turn on "Allow Preloading" every impression of your ad will reach your server.
5. Proceed further with your traffic targeting and payment method the way you need. After filling this out, you’ll be able to click Create Ad and it’ll go to ad approval.